Monday, March 31, 2014

Thing 15: Infographics

I would make infographics on Photoshop or InDesign, but I did try i Visual Info Touch Lite. So I measured my German Shepherd and my tiny cat, Peanut, discovering that Louie the GS is three time longer and taller than Peanut, but weights 50 times more. This could be a really great infographic.

First I was not able to find a cat or dog shape to use (I was in the free version). I chose a box and attempted to make one red and one blue. While trying to resize them to make one three time taller than the other, I went crazy trying to use my finger to grab the handles. After 10 minutes, I gave up and deleted the program.

Next I moved on to Info.Graphic. At first is would not open - ahhhh, I waited about a minute and the main page finally showed up. Next I tapped on a category - 33 seconds later the main page for that category opened. Tapping on a graphic I liked, I waited another 40 seconds for it to show up. It was fast to save it to my camera roll/photos file. To go back to choose another graphic, it only took 28 seconds. Not sure if I would use this much, considering how slow it is. On the other hand, the graphics are pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment