Sunday, March 30, 2014

Thing 14:Videos

I have used Final Cut Pro for years. It is pretty hard to give up the bells and whistles and the ability to edit with total control, but I found Vinny interesting for simple videos such as a promo, a birthday party, etc.

First I  recorded a few seconds of one of my dogs and one cat, cropped, added music. Fun! Then I used two pieces of videos saved on my iPad. The first one looked good, so I posted it on my Facebook page. It took a little while to upload, but worked well. The second one was shorter. I added to this one. The upload failed. I shortened it; failed again, and again. Feeling a lot less enthusiastic about this app.

Socialcam wins my vote. Using the video that failed in Vinny, I added music and uploaded it to Facebook. A few seconds later it was up. I then spent way too much time looking at videos of German Shepherds - so cute, just like our Louie.

In a library, I would make short booktalks and public service messages about events and activities to post on the library web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment