Sunday, January 26, 2014

Thing 7: Content Saving & Sharing


Pinterest and I became acquainted with the help of a couple of high school girls. Some younger friends had shown me their boards, which looked very cool. So I sat down on my own to figure it out. Did not work! I have most often been able to just play and figure out programs. I was embarrassed, so gave up.

One night when I was visiting the girls' family, they were showing their mom their Pinterest pages. I asked a couple of questions and they promptly sat me down for a "flashbulb" lesson. I got the basics and there has been no going back.

Right now, I am setting up a board for my next family trip to Germany. And away we go....

I can see this used to promote books and/or authors, link to activities, make a series of activity links on a topic such as The Flapper Era or Romantic Poetry or Ibsen's Dramas. We are visual learners and Pinterest would be a new way to grab the interest of students.

No comments:

Post a Comment