Friday, January 24, 2014

Thing 2: Mobile Device Tips


Since I have an iPhone, iPad, and iPad mini, I was very interested in learning more about organizing them. So far, I have merely set up what I needed on each (used for different purposes) and just ignored the rest. Today, I decided that was not good enough. So it took me quite a while to go through all the relevant tutorials.

On my iPhone 4s (I always inherit my husband's hand-me-downs), I can now take a panorama picture. My husband has been able to do this for a while, but then he is the photographer in the family. Also, I don't ask for his help very often because he can do everything well and it makes me crazy.

I can also add a picture into an email rather than attaching it to a message. Maybe this isn't worth it, but knowing two ways to do something is always better than one, IMO.

It seems that it is difficult to navigate to some sites - like 23 Mobile Things. So....now the site of that and my blog are on the home screen of my iPad and iPad mini. Instead of typing in the name in Google search, then choosing the correct result, and then seeing the site, now I click on the icon. Saving time and effort is exciting.

Finally, I have a handle on iCloud, primarily because I now have my own account rather than my husband's. His was set up in both the iPhone when he passed it on and the iPad that he set up because I was too busy. It didn't seem important to change, but then all of the devices started constantly asking me to sign in with his iCloud password. Of course, I didn't know what it was and neither did he! Today I spent about an hour to find out how to delete his account and set up my own. It feels like my devices have been scrubbed and polished. What a joy.

Hope I don't get quite so involved in all of the 21 Things left. That's what happened on the previous 23's and I never did finish.

I find that when I want to look at email, do a search, check the weather, etc., I grab the mini. The screen on the phone is to small, the iPad is heavy to hold on my lap. If I need to do  extensive typing, I go to the laptop for a keyboard. But the mini is my go-to.

No comments:

Post a Comment