Friday, April 4, 2014

Thing 21: Free-for-all

My favorite app is not exciting, in fact it is useful so that I don't get excited by being stuck in a snowstorm all night, as I have been. I find Weatherbug to be indispensable.

I live on the prairie near the Red River in northwestern Minnesota. We get big winds that blow in all the way from Montana and big snow storms from Canada. A few days ago, we got 20 inches of snow! This doesn't happen very often.

What does happen often is that there is wind (BIG wind) and some snow. This often turns into a white out where the road and the sky blend into an unnavigable sameness.

So, I look at Weatherbug several times a day.

It helps to know if the temperature will be below zero, how much below, what the wind chill will be, and how many layers I will have to wear when I go outside. Maybe I won't go at all.

So there it is. I also have bookmarked places we have been and where we are going to check their temperatures – Paris, Malaga, Barcelona, Munich recently. We also can check the places where we travel the most, since the weather even 15 miles away can be quite different and we have to go 60 to 120 miles for normal activities like going out to eat, grocery shopping, seeing a movie.

Thank you, Weatherbug.

No comments:

Post a Comment